motordcharlie

a journal, of sorts

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Waking up from a dream...

I had a thought...actually several. I wondered, briefly, what I would do if I awoke from dreaming only to find that the life I have (with Jen) didn't exist-that it actually was a dream. Think about it for a minute...everything you lived up to the point you "awoke" would be a phantasm. There would be nothing concrete to reinforce the memories. Does this sound like a movie? If I didn't go crazy, I would be incredibly sad. Who knows what kind of life I would wake up to? I cringe at the thought. I would want to go back to the dream (and Jen) and stay forever.
Am I going somewhere with this? Cut back to My Life (or Dream, if you will):
I ponder all this after having a wonderful weekend with Jen. Friday was my birthday and we headed to my parents for dinner and time with family. Everyone was there and that was cool because it is hard to coordinate schedules sometimes. Jen and I even learned how to play poker. My brother-in-law taught us and we had a family tournament. Jen ended up winning it all and I think she was a little disappointed because we were playing for chips and not money. It was a good time. On Saturday, after sleeping in a bit, Jen took me horseback riding. I had never been before, so this was a new experience. We headed out to the Brighton Riding Stables, in Howell (go figure!). Jen's horse's name was Baby and mine was Duke which, coincidentally, was the same name my grandfather was known as most of his adult life. It was as if I were riding with grandpa. Very cool. After riding we stopped in Royal Oak for some ice cream, yay! Then we headed home for dinner (after the ice cream had settled) and some movies. It was great.
I wouldn't want to wake up from this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home