motordcharlie

a journal, of sorts

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Home Sweet Home

We got back from our trip Monday around 4pm. An all night drive can leave one lost for a few days. Haven't quite found myself yet...
It was a good trip. Jen's family is fun and they liked the band. Not as many people showed up to the party as her mom had hoped, but that didn't stop them from having all that fun. No sooner had we packed up the trailer(after we finished playing) it started raining.Whew! No wet amps or electronics! The rain chased us from not one, but TWO leaky tents into the house that night. Oh well, at least the bed was dry. Craig(our bass player/singer) rode with Jen and I out there. He is a cool travelling companion. Very easy to get along with. He said he had fun. We dragged him around enough places, but he didn't seem to mind. He just read or slept(he got through two and a half books!). Joe (our guitar player) drove with his girl Laurie and friends Jason and Samantha. They stopped in Millwaukee for beer & cheese and also in Minneapolis for the great Mall on their way out. Jen, Craig and I stopped at her Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's for a short visit. It's always good to see them. I know it must be hard for Jen being so far away from her family, so we try to see them when we go back. We were also able to see her Uncle Johnny who was recently paralyzed in a motorcycle accident. He was doing real well and in amazing spirits. I wasn't too certain what to expect when I got to the hospital with Jen. I admit that I was probably even dreading it, but things are getting better for them everyday. A very inspirational story.
I'm about to check out here, but not before I touch on something I mentioned in a previous entry: Jen's Minnesotan accent. Yeah, it did come back in all its glory. We even heard an 'Aw...Geeez!' spring from her lips! But a strange thing happened out there as well. I started with a bit of an accent- much, I might add, to Jen's glee! Certain words are pronounced in a different way depending on what region of the country you are in. Having, myself, been musically trained in Suzuki Method (a method where most of the focus is placed on listening to notes and intonation, rather than just reading music) I have learned to mimic very well. I guess you could say that it's all inevitable...I should watch how much I tease Jen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home