motordcharlie

a journal, of sorts

Sunday, September 19, 2004

What's with all the cold people around here?

Well, it's been awhile. I just haven't had the time. Last week I caught 'The Apprentice' on the boob tube(too bad it really wasn't boobs...um, sorry). I didn't intend to watch it, really. In fact, I detest reality shows. I feel that I could spend my time better reading a book or painting or making music. I just don't care who gets voted off this island or out of that household...whatever. So you see, I REALLY didn't intend on watching it, but I did. I don't know, it was a late dinner's food coma or something. Anyway, that's NO EXCUSE. As a result of watching this, I started to see how indifferent and cold people can get when they are in a business. I heard about it before, but I never saw it. Call me naive, I guess. One of the apprentices was making fun of a child that they were observing during a marketing test. She(that's right kids-she)made references to the boy's "dumb and dumber" haircut. She also asked sarcastically, "Whose kid is that?" She also said these things in front of a whole bunch of people, not just her fellow apprentices. A kid! I couldn't believe it. It was very sad. I thought at first (wrongly, of course) that all business people are mean. But can you blame me? It made me think that there must be some cases of stereotyping that are based on events that happen to people. These events are probably unpleasant, and they give that person the wrong idea. Especially if the unpleasant event involved another human being. Sounds to me like we need (me included) to not be quick to form opinions about people when they are close to or involved with a bad experience we have.
And we actually want to watch this on TV?

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger madartist said...

Uh..bummer...for both of us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home