motordcharlie

a journal, of sorts

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Time ter go ter Minnersota, doncha know...

Tonight we are heading out to Minnesota. Most of Jen's family is out there. Cathy (Jen's mum, my mum-in-law!) is having a ten year anniversary party for her and her boyfriend Steve. She asked our band(motordbob) to play the party and the guys are excited. If you are interested in hearing any motordbob songs go here: www.purevolume.com - and type the name in the search box. Please let me know what you think. It was all home recorded and I don't feel it does the music justice, but I think it gets the idea across. We have received some good feedback so far, and that's cool. Jen's mum likes us and believes everyone else at the party will too. It will be fun. I just finished packing up all the gear. Later I have to pick up the rented trailer so we can get everything out there. I told Jen that I didn't want to be the tour/road manager anymore, I just want to play. She just laughed and bought me a frozen coke and suddenly everything seemed better...
A funny and endearing thing about my Jen is that whenever we head back to see her family, right around Chicago I can hear her Minnesota accent starting to return. It's faint at first, but midway through Wisconsin-Whammo!- it's back in all its glory! It happens when she's on the phone with her mom too. A side note: If you watch, or have already watched, the film Fargo you will know what I'm talking about. Even though I will say that their accent in that movie is slightly exaggerated, it is still very similar! I'm not making fun of the way Minnesotans speak, I just like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home