motordcharlie

a journal, of sorts

Monday, April 04, 2005

New Day?

Well, it's been awhile since I last put an entry. A great deal has happened but how important is it? I've been dreaming almost every night. Guess that means I'm getting the sleep I need. Saw Ed and Randi Saturday, Tony Cindi and Mikey on Sunday. Kinda busy, but lots of fun. On Saturday, Jen and I took Ed and Randi to El Azteca for great Mexican food. After, we went to Coldstone Creamery for ice cream. Saw a guy, Tom, that I went to school with (K-12) and haven't seen in awhile. It was cool talking to him. He looks exactly the same from the last time I saw him ( he said the same of me). The ice cream made us giddy...all that sugar!
We (motord bob) had shows on March 3 (Whiskey in the Jar, Hamtramck) and March18 (Pub 1281, Mt. Clemens with Bamboo Shoes). Both went well, even though I was sick during the last one. At Whiskey we played only about 40 minutes. Being that it was part of the Blowout, there were three other bands, so we all had short sets. It was still fun and the feedback was encouraging, even though we don't justify our worth to ourselves by that; it's nice to get it just the same. At Pub 1281, we had about two hours to play. We did nearly everything we know and some new stuff. We are just waiting on show dates for Mephistos (art show opening) and another Pub 1281 gig. They are supposed to be sometime this month. Actually I hope that it is in May. Joe is finishing up with his last semester of college, so he'll be busy. We are working on new music and revisiting older stuff. The more that we play, the more I want to play. It feels great and I love the end result. I have been looking around for a studio that we could use to do some recording in. There are so many choices, but only a few correct ones for us. We have enough material for 2 or three full length albums. I don't think I am the only one anxious to get it down. It will help us to move forward. We can play, definitely. We just need the opportunities. If they don't come naturally, then we should try to create them. There have been a few friends that have been asking about t shirts, so there is something we could work on. Maybe bumper or other stickers also. Ah, the possibilities.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger madartist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home