motordcharlie

a journal, of sorts

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Rubik's Cube

I was trying to solve this bloody thing, and during my contemplation, I realized that I was going about it all wrong. I was trying to solve it one side at a time! It then became a metaphor to me-
Rubik's cube is a metaphor for life, right? Let's think about this...We don't tackle life strictly from one side, do we? Well, maybe some do, but if we focus too much on the 'one side' of life (even if we are dealing with one side strictly at present), won't we miss out on the view of the whole thing? If we don't look at more than one side(of life or cube) at a time, especially when we are trying to solve a problem, might we miss something that will assist us with the solution? Couldn't this limited view of life cause us unwanted stress and hinder our growth?
I wonder if Rubik was really a philosopher...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home