motordcharlie

a journal, of sorts

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Is it me or...

Is it me, or is there an insane amount of ribbons on cars lately? You know, the magnetic ones that say "Support Our Troops" or "God Bless America". It's nice to show support and patriotism for our country, but I wish the ribbons raised money for a worthy cause. At least the ones I've seen for sale came from a place like Murray's Discount Auto Stores, or such, and they were offered for regular retail. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they do raise money for something. I hope people that do put ribbons on their cars understand that support and patriotism isn't limited to that act alone. We should be helping to look after and take care of the families of those soldiers who were killed doing what our government thought was in our best interest to do. Putting a magnetic ribbon on your car and forgetting about it is a hollow act. Sometimes we Americans forget just how good we have it. I know it's easy to do with busy lives and all the other privileges we've been allotted over the years. If you see an armed forces vet, or current soldier, thank them. They sacrificed a great deal to get and maintain our freedom.
P.S. Keep an eye out for my car- it'll be the one without the ribbon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home